Dr. Prashant K Bawankule, Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon (Managing Director)
M.B.B.S., MS, FMRF, FAICO (Retina)
Ex-Consultant, Sankara Netralaya, Chennai.
Specialization: Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon
Dr Prashant completed his MBBS from Govt Medical College, Nagpur in 1991. He earned his post-graduation degree from Indira Gandhi Medical College Nagpur in 1993. After a brief stint at Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai, he completed his Vitreo-Retinal fellowship at the prestigious Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai and continued there as a Consultant for a short period. He has been conferred with the Honorary Fellowship of the All India Collegium of Ophthalmology for his contribution to Retina in 2016.
He is the ‘Founder’ of Sarakshi Netralaya, Nagpur. He is Honorary Associate Professor @ Indira Gandhi Govt Medical College, Nagpur.
He has vast experience with complex vitreo-retinal surgical procedures, ROP lasers and trauma management. He is one of the pioneers of 3D –Digitally assisted surgeries in our country. He is a much sought after speaker & is invited faculty at various State, National & International meetings.
He has been bestowed with 3 Orations :
1) NSS Eye Institute Retina Substratum Oration by All Gujarat Ophthalmological Society – 2019
2) Dr. Anjana Saikia Memorial Oration by Assam Ophthalmological Society -2019
3) ACOIN Prof Mukherjee oration instituted by Chhatisgarh State Ophthalmic Society – 2019
Awards: He has been bestowed with the following Awards
1) ‘Anand Saxena’ Gold Medal by the Chattisgarh Ophthalmic Society for his exemplary work
2) ACOIN President’s Gold Award – 2018
3) Best video Award: Asia Pacific Ocular Trauma Society: 2018
4) Best video Award: World Congress of Ocular Trauma 2019
Publications: He has 27 publications in various peer-reviewed National & International Journals.
He is also a reviewer of the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, JCOR…
1) Treasurer of Ocular Trauma Society of India
2) Joint Treasurer of Vitreo-Retinal Society of India.
3) Past Member of Academic and Research Committee (West), AIOS.
4) Past president of Maharashtra Ophthalmic Society and Vidarbha Ophthalmological Society.
He is considered one of the most proficient and high profile young surgeons involved in academics throughout his clinical practice.
Emergency Contact No.
19, Rajiv Nagar, Near Bharat Furniture, Wardha Road, Nagpur – 440 025